Monday 4 December 2017

December already!!

Playing along with this months challenge at More Than Words. You have to use 'family' as word inspiration and 'numbers' as the creative challenge

Check out the link HERE to play along.

Most of us usually scrap the happy times, but to me it's all about memories and this is a happy/sad one. 
My mum and my daughter have always been really close. Alana visits nana almost every week and they chat about all the goings on in her life.
Unfortunately my mother has vascular dementia and her memory is rapidly declining. 
This is such a sad and horrible illness. To see someone who is healthy lose their memory is a shocking thing to go through and so many people are now diagnosed with this illness.

The photo l have chosen is a recent one of the two of them and l thought it fitting for this challenge.


 I have used Prima Color Bloom inks on my background - Cotton Candy and Chrome, and coloured the muslin under the frame with the cotton candy.
  I have added paint, micro beads and Prills to my flowers
 My chipboard leaves were painted and rubbed with metallic gold
The heart chipboard was done in the same way as the leaves using  2 paint colours - white and pink, then l added the metallic gold and micro beads

I have applied the same techniques to my title and number
I finished my layout with black and white ink splatters

My journalling is hidden and explains my mum's illness and the special bond between her and my daughter.

Thanks for looking and enjoy your day!

Materials
Papers - Prima, Kaiser Craft
Inks - Prima, Dylusions
Frame - Prima 
Flowers - Prima
Micro Prills
Microbeads - American Crafts
Paints
Muslin



7 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear of your Mum and her illness, that is so very hard for you all.. Your layout is truly so beautiful.. all the blooms and of course the lovely photo.. a wonderful layout to treasure..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my - what an awe-inspiring page. It's so fantastic that your daughter and mother have such a close bond but the decline in your mother's health is so sad. You've scrapped this beautifully, from the number in your title to the hidden journaling. Wishing you and your family all the best from all of us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work. Thank you so much for joining us at More than Words this month ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love your page Jacqui! Absolutely love all those flowers with the gold accents! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for your mothers illness !! Your page is so wonderful in every way...you make a beautiful memory of this moment !! good luck and Merry Christmas to you and yours..Thank you so much for joining us at More Than Words. xoxo Heike

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is what scrapbooking is all about ...scrapping the good and not so good times. How wonderful that they have such a special bond. You have scrapped this beautifully. All the Best. Thanks for playing along with us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yours is a touching story, I can relate to the difficulties of having a mom who gets lost in her own mind. My heart goes out to you. I think it's fantastic that your daughter keeps a strong relationship going. Your layout is gorgeous! All the best from MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it means a lot to me