Monday 23 January 2017

Life is full of Colour

I'm sharing a layout that is full of summer bright colours. I really do like a splash of colour, it makes me happy!
I'm also using this week's sketch at LETS GET SKETCHY, you can check out the design team HERE


Here are some closeups of my background. I began with white gesso over my paper, then added stenciling, once dry l added ink and water and let it run around the stenciled shapes.


Once this had dried l added teal blue metallic paint over the top. I watered down the paint so it had more of a washed out effect, while still maintaining a strong colour focus. Unfortunately it's hard to see the metallic shine


Once l had layered up my photo, l added hand made paper flowers, stickers, chipboard embellishments, embossed chipboard flourishes and threads.

I finished with some stamping and more ink splatters














Here is the sketch to follow and you can upload your layout HERE 
to be in the running for a prize

Thanks so much for looking and have a great day!

Materials
Papers - Echo Park, Basic Grey, Echo Park
Chipboard - Little Birdy, Imaginarium Designs
Chipboard Stickers & Brads - Echo Park
Flowers - Prima
Embossing powder - Stampendous
Ink - Dylusions, Tim Holtz distress stain
Metallic Paint, Stamps, Stencils, Threads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, it means a lot to me